Join me, Mary (Mary’s Kitchen), and Kelly (Hellenic Odyssey) for a guided walking tour of Melbourne’s most popular and energetic Greek precinct, Oakleigh.
Get ready to bite into a delicious galahtoboureko, an iconic sweet of creamy custard between filo pastry and drizzled with syrup. Crunch into the bestkoulouri outside of Athens. And savour the taste of Greek olives, dips, feta cheese and much more all from the passionate traders in this bustling neighbourhood. With each bite, you will learn about Greece’s enticing food culture, its history and its healthy essence. A delicious lunch at a gorgeous traditional restaurant is included, and you will leave having experienced many flavours, taking recipes away with you to create at home.
- Introduction to Melbourne’s most vibrant Greek precinct, it’s food and it’s culture.
- Taste the most popular Greek cakes
- Sample a koulouri and hear about the art of Greek baking
- Learn about the health benefits of Greek products.
- Guided walking tour and commentary throughout
- Morning tea at a Greek café
- Bakery and deli visits
- Lunch at a traditional Greek restaurant
Visit various Greek shops to learn about the most commonly used ingredients and products in the Greek cuisine, including some samples to taste.
What to bring
What to wear
Casual and comfortable clothing
At the entrance of Nikos Cake Shop
For tickets go to link below: